Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go...

On our way back from Philly, we hopped over to NYC to check out the garment district.  You see, everyone in DC is so busy politicking, they have no time for sewing.  Or so it seems.   Everyone yelps about how great G Street Fabrics is, how they have endless options, but I just see old lady options.

In NYC's Garment district, I found endless options and bartered for some close-to wholesale prices.



Big A and little a do a good job of giving the down low of the district.  I'll just tell you that if you want to check out the fabrics, allot as much time as you would for the Smithsonian.  There is so much to look at, to ensure you aren't missing THE ONE piece of fabric your entire winter line will revolve around (which I'm pretty sure I found!!!), you must go at the snail's pace.

By closing time, I was tuckered out; so, I took my tuckered tail to sit here with Mr. F.
     How romantical...

{images: here and there}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started! What'dya say?